SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
DREXEL University, PA 1999 – present .. digm.drexel.edu/idm
EPDESIGN, PA 1996 – present .. www.epvisual.com
LAN Technical Director…. Responsible for setting up and maintaining a TCP/IP ethernet cross platform network, as well as individual Macintosh and Window based systems.
DIMAGE INC, NY 1992 – 1998
Technical Engineer…. Technical reviewed and proved instructional material for major best selling book, Lingo Workshop written by John Thompson…. Creator of the Director Lingo scripting language.
Interactive Multi Media Engineer…. Serve as a Multi Media Developer using Macromedia Director (Lingo, Shockwave), Java, C++, and other software tools to produce cdroms, internet presentations, training aids, reference software, and games utilizing text, graphics, sound, animation, and video.
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE (Secret clearance) 1985 – 1996
333 TECHNICAL TRAINING SQUADRON Keesler AFB, MS 1991 – 1996
Master Technical Training Instructor….
- Spent over 2,500 hours teaching classes on computer concepts, operating systems (Dos, Windows, Mac system 7, and Unix), end user applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), software engineering principles, and high order programming languages (Pascal, C, Fortran, and ADA).
- Researched, developed, and wrote Software Engineering Principles, Programming in ADA, and SUNOS/Solaris 2.3 Unix system administration 80 hour courses.
- Researched, developed, and wrote Basic Computer Concepts, Computer Networking, and Oracle/SQL 40 hour courses.
- As a member of a mobile training team, traveled worldwide to instruct Department of Defense personnel in SUNOS/Solaris 2.3 Unix System Administration, Computer Networking, and Oracle/SQL.
- Set up and administered numerous TCP/IP, Ethernet based local Area Networks (LANs) in order to teach Computer Networking, UNIX Operating System, and Oracle/SQL to students in a real world environment.
57 FIGHTER WEAPONS WING Nellis AFB, NV 1985 – 1991
- Designed, coded, implemented, and documented fighter jet performance analytical software on VAX/VMS mainframes using Fortran 77.
- Designed, coded, implemented, documented, and maintained custom applications for various organizations using Pascal, and C on IBM and Macintosh personal computers.
- Developed and maintained a software program to track and report on over 1,000 computer system assets and office equipment using DBase III Plus.
COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN NEVADA Las Vegas, NV 1989 – 1991
Computer Lab Teaching Assistant….
- Taught small groups and individuals how to use a variety of operating systems (Dos, Mac system 6&7, and Unix), different applications software (WordPerfect, Lotus123, DBase III, MacWrite, and MacPaint), and programming languages (Basic, Pascal, and C).
MISCELLANEOUS WORK EXPERIENCE 1982 – 1985
After graduating from High School and prior to joining the Air Force, attended college and held a variety of jobs including messenger, student counselor, and Computer Operator.
- 1999 Drexel University B.S. in Information Systems GPA 3.9 on 4.0 scale. Summa Cum Laude
- 1991 Community College of the Air Force A.A.S. in Computer Science Technology GPA 3.7 on 4.0 scale
- “Director 8 Demystified” The official guide to Macromedia Director, Lingo, and Shockwave by Phi Gross & Jason Roberts (pg.715) Macromedia Press 2000.
- “Director 7 Demystified” The official guide to Macromedia Director, Lingo, and Shockwave by Robert Gross (pg.811) Macromedia Press 1999.
- “Director 6 Demystified” The official guide to Macromedia Director, Lingo, and Shockwave by Jason Roberts (pg.715) Macromedia Press 1998.
- Contributor to “Macromedia Director Lingo Workshop” From the Inventor of Lingo! John ‘jt’ Thompson (pg. Acknowledgements) ISBN: 1-56830-287-8 Hayden Books 1996.
Highly skilled multi-platform software engineer enjoys doing, learning, and teaching. Incisive decision maker and problem solver. Able to work extremely well with supervisors, peers, and subordinates. Effective writer and excellent public speaker. Natural high energy instructor.